Latest update further improves IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite design productivity
ATLANTA GA, June 2nd, 2016 — IronCAD, LLC, the leading provider of design productivity solutions, today announced in conjunction with the release of IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2016 Product Update 1 the immediate availability of an updated version of its powerful IronCAD Mechanical add-on. This upgrade further improves IronCAD Mechanical’s ability to significantly reduce design times by adding powerful tools to the areas of bill of materials, document management, as well as fasteners, structural steel and assembly management.
Some of the improvements to IronCAD Mechanical include:
- Pack and Go — If you have a complex assembly with many linked files sharing or transferring the assembly can be a time consuming task trying to ensure that all files are included in the transfer. The Pack and Go tool automatically takes an assembly and all linked files and packages it up for the user to a new location or into a zip file.
- Export and Import of custom data — In IPROActiveManager you can now easily import and export custom data from your BOM to an excel or CSV file.
- Direct selection of linked files — The IPROExternalLinkManager tool has been improved to show all linked files in an assembly in a simple list format. You can now select the linked file in the list and it will be selected in the scene. This approach makes identifying and selecting linked files a faster process than using the scene browser.
- Image capture for selected items — The IROCaptureImage tool has been enhanced to allow the image capture of just the element selected in the 3D scene. This is great when you have multiple parts or assemblies in a scene and just need an image capture of a select item, reducing time since you no longer have to suppress or hide other elements.
- More ANSI fasteners — Various improvements have been made to the IROFasteners tools allowing two washers closed to the head of a bolt as well as enhancement in ANSI support.
In addition to these productivity improvements, there have been numerous other enhancements and bug fixes.
The IronCAD Mechanical update is immediately available to all active support customers at https://www.ironcad.com/design-extensions/ironcad-mechanical.
“The combination of the enhancements to IronCAD Mechanical combined with our 2016 PU1 update furthers our commitment to our customers,” commented Cary O’Connor, IronCAD’s VP of Marketing, “These releases continue to make IronCAD a leader in design for fabrication and assembly.”
Based in Atlanta, GA, IronCAD is a leading provider of 3D Design Productivity Solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity. Individual components of this solution can be used standalone, complementary within an existing design environment, or can be used together to collaborate effectively throughout the enterprise to extend productivity. Its flagship product IRONCAD has won many industry awards for its innovative technology and leads the industry in its ease of use and design productivity. For more information on IronCAD, call 1-800-339-7304 or visit www.ironcad.com.