IronCAD IN EDUCATION
The Global Educational Software Donation Program provides educational institutions and faculty access to revolutionary 3D design software. Successful applicants will receive one or more copies of IronCAD™ at minimal expense to help enhance their educational process.
IronCAD is committed to helping educational institutions worldwide bring the power of 3D into each and every classroom. This commitment has resulted in a set of programs that enable educators and students alike to easily acquire the 3D tools necessary for that process to take place.
IronCAD is the tool of choice for educational institutions that want to focus more time teaching design principles rather than how to operate one specific CAD system.
One of the nations leading Universities put it this way:
"IronCAD has become our CAD system of choice because it represents the best mix of power and usability. Even though we have access to major CAD systems, including CATIA, Unigraphics, Pro/Engineer, Solid Edge and Solidworks, IronCAD remains our primary teaching system."
Bruce A. Harding, Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
IronCAD advances Windows ® based mechanical engineering into the realm of innovative solid modeling. A radical new drag and drop 3D environment and an advanced visual approach makes anyone fast and effective in creating and modifying designs. IronCAD's unique architecture and patented technologies enable all collaborators to confidently share in a concurrent design process without regard to who build the model, how it was created, or which CAD system was used. With all the features expected of a production produce development tool, and more importantly those features unique to IronCAD, mechanical engineers are embracing a revolution.
- World's best conceptual design tool
- Fastest learning curve in the industry
- Minimal investment
- Runs on PC’s with minimal requirements (see system requirements)
- Tools goes beyond CAD for collaborative design throughout the institution
- Excellent design tools to leverage existing software
Faculty and Staff
- Quick learning curve allows focus on teaching design
- Minimal cost to maintain and upgrade
- Easy to implement into curriculum
- Enhances productivity
- Access to revolutionary technology
- Simulate and visualize to make better designs and more "what ifs"
- Intuitive - very easy to use Windows based interface
- Can learn more core ME/solid modeling and design fundamentals, rather than spending time learning software applications
- Design Freedom - powerfully capture design intent while maintaining freedom to make unanticipated changes at any time during the design process
- Dynamic learning environment
- Runs on PC's, so you can work outside the computer lab on almost any PC
Educational Multi-User Institutional Site License
Institutions accepted into the Global Educational Software Donation Program are eligible for the Educational Multi-User Institutional Site License. The Multi-User Institutional Site License allows the running of a number of professional seats of IronCAD associated to a single license server. The number of licenses to be supported by the license server should be specified in the donation application form. If additional licenses are needed, please contact IronCAD or your local IronCAD Representative for additioanl information. The Multi-User Institutional Site License includes one year of upgrades and is renewable annually. Pricing for the renewals is determined by educational pricing policies at the time the annual renewal is due. Support is provided to a designated educational institution contact. One set of media/manuals is included with Multi-User Institutional license.
50-User Institutional Site License - $1,295
Stand Alone Educational License Product
The IronCAD Stand Alone Educational License product is available for full time students. It is also available for teachers working for an educational institution accepted into the Global Educational Software Donation Program. Product may be purchased through our Sales Resource Center Toll Free: 800.339.7304. Students and teachers may use the most current version of IronCAD with complete functionality. Additionally we encourage students to take the software with them on coop and internship programs and use their license actively on the job. Note the student must still be enrolled in a college as a student when using the student license.
Special Student Version Pricing for IRONCAD* - $124
Educational phone response support is available on a yearly subscription basis. Contact your Educational Program representative for more details.
* IRONCAD, INOVATE, and IRONCAD DRAFT educational products do not come with support. Student and Educational support can be purchased at a 50% discount.
** A network license manager is available for classroom installations at no extra cost.
THE MOST COMPLETE SUPPORT FOR STANDARDS IN THE INDUSTRY
- 3D CAD import and export filters for IGES, SAT, Parasolid (X_T), STEP, Pro/E, Catia, STL, and VRML.
- Other 3D, 2D and image data includes: 3DS, AVI, BMP, COB, DXF, DWG, EPS, GIF, JPEG, Kodak Photo CD, OBJ, POV, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF, Visual Basic Text, WMF.
- VRML 2.0 export option for working with the worldwide web and other applications.
- Support of OLE document automation to create compelling reports and presentations with Microsoft® Office, Lotus® SmartSuite™ and other common desktop applications.
- ACIS and Parasolid based modeling kernel for interoperability with other standard applications.
- Support of OpenGL-based graphics accelerators for enhanced graphics performance of large or complex models and assemblies.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the Donation Application by printing a hard copy and sending or faxing it to the address below.
2000 RiverEdge Parkway Suite 745
Atlanta, GA 30328
ATTN: Educational Donation Program