Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> View Edit

David Thomas
post Dec 13 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Sphere

Group: Community Members
Member No.: 1,408

I don't understand what right clicking on a view, and choosing View Edit does, you might say "Don't click it then !" but I'm curious.

I expected something similar to the IronCAD drawing envoironment, Edit View, of which you can then draw in the viewport. But in Draft their is less need for this.
So upon clicking View Edit, it seems to lauch me into another "mode" but their is no finish return or cancel buttons anywhere, (other geometry and views dissapear) all I can do is press undo to get out of it.

Not much joy in the help menu either.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cary OConnor
post Dec 13 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #2

TriBall

Group: IronCAD Employees
Member No.: 17

There are two types of edits on the view:

View Edit: This is almost like the Edit View Curves in ICD. It is basically putting you into a block edit mode. You can add curves to this or attribute. If you look at the ribbon bar, you will see a Quit Block Editing in the upper left to get out of this mode.

Edit Scene - This is found by right-clicking on the view and selecting - 3D View Edit and then Edit Scene. This will toggle you to the scene to allow edits.

I hope that helps explain it a bit.

Cary
+Quote Post
David Thomas
post Dec 15 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Sphere

Group: Community Members
Member No.: 1,408

Ahah, I see. Thanks. I have just found out that you have to use this mode to add geometry to a view and then be able to dimension it.

Outside of this mode if you draw over the view you are unable to dimension it. (Not quite sure of the logic to this)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

All content copyright IronCAD 2000-2008 Low-Bandwidth View Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:32 AM