Welcome Guest ( Log In)

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Looking for missing files like textures etc., Looking in Computer, My Documents, etc.

mgajewski
post Jan 13 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Polygon

Group: Expired
Member No.: 1,600

Would it be (or is it) possible, to make IronCAD look in subfolders (subdirectories) when looking for missing files (missing textures in a scene, etc.) , or even to make it look in "My Documents" or "Computer" - so that it is not necessary to drill down to the actual folder containing the missing file?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robert Andersson
post Jan 13 2012, 03:43 AM
Post #2

I-Beam

Group: Channel Partners
Member No.: 43

Here is one way that may help:
When you open up a scene and a linked texture is missing, then you are asked if you want to browse to a folder where it may be.
After that is done IC ask you if you want to add that path for finding images in the future.

I have a folder named C:\Ironcad bas\textures\often used textures\
where I like to put all my custom textures. Then I point IC to that path.
+Quote Post
mgajewski
post Jan 13 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Polygon

Group: Expired
Member No.: 1,600

QUOTE(Robert Andersson @ Jan 13 2012, 12:43 AM)
Here is one way that may help:
When you open up a scene and a linked texture is missing, then you are asked if you want to browse to a folder where it may be.
After that is done IC ask you if you  want to add that path for finding images in the future.

I have a folder named C:\Ironcad bas\textures\often used textures\
where I like to put all my custom textures. Then I point IC to that path.

That's a helpful workaround, Robert, thanks.

I am asking for a more comprehensive solution, more automated one, in order not to have to do workarounds like that. The fewer hurdles we encounter the more productive we can be.
+Quote Post
Robert Andersson
post Jan 14 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #4

I-Beam

Group: Channel Partners
Member No.: 43

-I can agree on that view as long as the user get the info on the new selection.
If its all under "the hood" the assemblies can change it contents with out the users knowledge. That can be difficult to spot in large assemblies.

-My personal view is to have a project with all its cad files in one project folder. All 3D scenes, drawings, PDFs in right under that project folder. Folder name can be "PROJECT NUMBER + DESCRIPTION". Potentially have sub folders with QUOTES, MANUALS and such.

-Also, under tools/ Option you can select to store the texture in the scene it self.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

All content copyright IronCAD 2000-2008 Low-Bandwidth View Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:23 AM