> NEi Nastran for IronCAD, Is Anybody using the NEi Nastran Add-in

gwardman
post Jan 24 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Block

Group: Expired
Member No.: 59,514

Hello All,

I am a new user of INOVATE 2012 and NEi Nastran. ( I also bought the "Basic Unlock" so I am not limited to 10k nodes.)

Just curious if anybody else has started using it (10k or unlocked) and what are their impressions of the software and / or the support from NEi Software.

My opinion is that the software has potential, but is buggy (first release). And the support from NEi needs improvement.

Your Thoughts?

-Geoff

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
David Thomas
post Jan 25 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Sphere

Group: Community Members
Member No.: 1,408

Yes , I'm working through the tutorials, and I fairly impressed so far. I think its gets very upset if the IC window is spanned across two monitors, so at first I thought it was buggy but just using it on a laptop and all is well.

The nastran model tree has a tendancy to not appear which is very frustrating but the workaround its to either close and reopen the model or diasable and re-enable the add in, as their is no way to switch it on or off as per the scene browser.

I emailed Nastran abou the model tree issue and next day a UK reseller was on the phone, was very helpful and reccomended the above.

Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

All content copyright IronCAD 2000-2008 Low-Bandwidth View Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 04:27 AM