Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> NEi Nastran for IronCAD, Is Anybody using the NEi Nastran Add-in

post Jan 24 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Expired
Member No.: 59,514

Hello All,

I am a new user of INOVATE 2012 and NEi Nastran. ( I also bought the "Basic Unlock" so I am not limited to 10k nodes.)

Just curious if anybody else has started using it (10k or unlocked) and what are their impressions of the software and / or the support from NEi Software.

My opinion is that the software has potential, but is buggy (first release). And the support from NEi needs improvement.

Your Thoughts?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
David Thomas
post Jan 25 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Expired
Member No.: 1,408

Yes , I'm working through the tutorials, and I fairly impressed so far. I think its gets very upset if the IC window is spanned across two monitors, so at first I thought it was buggy but just using it on a laptop and all is well.

The nastran model tree has a tendancy to not appear which is very frustrating but the workaround its to either close and reopen the model or diasable and re-enable the add in, as their is no way to switch it on or off as per the scene browser.

I emailed Nastran abou the model tree issue and next day a UK reseller was on the phone, was very helpful and reccomended the above.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

All content copyright IronCAD 2000-2008 Low-Bandwidth View Time is now: 1st December 2015 - 03:04 PM