Leader in 3D CAD Productivity Introduces IRONCAD 2022
Nov 15, 2021 |
Delivering Breakthrough User-Driven Enhancements that Accelerate the Product Design Process
(ATLANTA, GA.) November 15th, 2021 — IronCAD, the 3D CAD productivity platform of choice among metal fabricators and custom machinery manufacturers, has unveiled IRONCAD 2022, the latest version of their Design Collaboration Suite. IRONCAD 2022 features many exciting improvements and enhancements that help users drive productivity from 3D to the final 2D Production Drawing Process.
Every year, IronCAD users submit feedback with enhancement requests that matter the most for IronCAD users. This year’s release, the main focus was on productivity by making your innovative 3D designs go to production faster. With this in mind, the IRONCAD 2022 release delivers several enhancements, including improvements to further Automate 2D Drawing Layouts and Annotations that automatically create dimensions on specified views, speeding up the overall process to take a 3D design the production 2D drawing. Additionally, users can create multiple sheet drawings from 3D in seconds with predefined view layouts, overall sizing dimensions, automatic dimension on selected views, and automatic sheet labeling, minimizing the effort needed to create drawings.
Out of the many improvements in IRONCAD 2022, additional key features that help accelerate getting designs to production include:
- Faster Dimension Creation Process in Ordinate Dimensioning – Placing ordinate dimensions has become so much faster with a simple box select to select the regions to automatically place ordinate annotations reducing the manual picking of geometry points.
- Quicker Annotation and Snapping for Dimensioning – New quick object snapping in dimensions enables users to quickly snap to the desired geometry with minimal camera zoom interactions required to zoom in/out to reach points. In addition, the new magnifier in the drawing enables a precise zoom of the area of annotation to improve the selection when annotating.
- Multiple Select Editing of Dimensions – With the new ability to multiple select dimensions and edit properties using the property browser, users can quickly edit many dimensions at once to streamline the annotation process.
- Improved Bill of Material and Item Bubble Creation – New Bill of Material (BOM) tables such as the Structured BOM give users more power in defining the proper structure for the designed BOM with expand/collapse controls. Item Bubbles support new display types like split rectangular shapes to provide improved engineering drawing user interface finishes.
- Improved Interactions and Controls in the 3D Environment – Many improvements in the 3D to speed up the overall design process have been introduced, such as improved camera interactions on rotation, drag & drop handle controls for setting size limits, snapping increments for precise control on individual shapes, and new dimensional support for our intelligent attachment point used in Smart Assembly design.
- Extending 3D Design Capabilities – New capabilities have been added into the 3D Design Environment to improve the design process and capabilities such as the ability to copy/link parts and assemblies and their constraints to new locations. New direct creation of parameters on handles has been added to reduce setup time to create parametric relations from IntelliShapes. Improved support for linked mirrored parts and assemblies to allow for custom set BOM properties for the original and the mirrored objects. In addition, many improvements in the Sheet Metal design process primarily for Sketch Bend has been added to aid in the creation and editing process.
- Upgraded Application Updates Include Touch Screen Support – New updates in our native translator support for new versions of native MCAD applications have been added as well as support for the latest Windows 11 environment, Sketch-Up, Multi-Physics (MPIC) and IronCAD Mechanical add-ins. In addition, IronCAD has provided a new Screen Recorder for the IronCAD application to enable videos for communication to customers/clients as well as a support aid when communicating with the IronCAD network. Touch interactions have been added to support communication with IronCAD products on touch screen devices.
“The IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2022 drastically reduces the overall time to create 3D designs and move them into the 2D Detailed Production Drawing saving engineers/designers time and allowing for companies to increase productivity” stated Cary O’Connor, V.P. of Marketing at IronCAD. “Automating and simplifying tasks will continue to be a focus in 3D design and communication to streamline the process from customer requirements, customer acceptance, and into production in order to win customers business” he continued.
For a more extensive list of IRONCAD 2022 improvements and enhancements, click here.
Try the newest, updated version of IronCAD now for free by navigating to https://www.ironcad.com/free-online-trial/ to start your free online trial.
Based in Atlanta, Ga., IronCAD is a leading provider of 3D design productivity solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity. Individual components of this solution can be used standalone, complementary within an existing design environment, or can be used together to collaborate effectively throughout the enterprise to extend productivity. IronCAD’s flagship product IRONCAD has won many industry awards for its innovative technology and leads the industry in its ease of use and design productivity. Thousands of customers worldwide use IronCAD to support their success. For more information about IronCAD, visit www.ironcad.com.