As a continued effort to deliver the latest enhancements and improvements of our products, we have officially release our Service Pack #1 to 2017 Product Update #1 providing valuable improvements to the quality and usability of the application along with support for the recently released KeyShot 7.
Access to the installation is available in the IronCAD Live Update that is installed with the IronCAD DCS 2017 Product Update #1. If enabled, you will receive a notification of the new version and will be able to download and install from this utility. You can manually download the installation from the links below following the provided installation notes.
Installation and Download Notes
- Click the appropriate download link for the installation package that is designed for your current operating system. Installing the incorrect installation may result in installation issues.
- This installation can only install on the IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2017, 2017 Service Pack #1, and 2017 Product Update #1 and will update all products included with the Design Collaboration Suite (IRONCAD, INOVATE, IRONCAD DRAFT, and IRONCAD COMPOSE).
- This Service Patch cannot be uninstalled individually from the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. To uninstall, you will need to remove the full IronCAD 2017 Product Update #1 Service Pack# 1 version and reinstall the standard 2017. You can uninstall using the Uninstall IronCAD DCS in the Start-Programs-IronCAD menu.
- Standalone IRONCAD COMPOSE does not have a Service Pack #1 install and can continue to open and view saved files in Service Pack #1.
|Operating System||Download Link|
|Vista/7/8/10 32-bit||IronCAD DCS 2017 PU#1 SP#1 – 32-bit|
|Vista/7/8/10 64-bit||IronCAD DCS 2017 PU#1 SP#1 – 64-bit|
Improvements/Enhancements Included in Product Update #1 Service Pack #1
- Support for KeyShot 7 – KeyShot 7 is focused on bringing more ways to create with the new KeyShot Configurator, Studios and real-time VR support. Users have more material possibilities with new material types and texture mapping, multi-materials and enhanced procedurals. With more lighting control KeyShot 7 now features Environment lists, HDR output and a new integrated HDRI Editor with interactive Sun & Sky. With more flexibility users now have UI, workspace and hotkey customization. And more real-time speed is provided in new workflow capabilities featuring a completely new sampling method, re-tessellation, adaptive performance mode, eight new render passes and more output capabilities to create renderings, animations and interactive visuals faster than ever before.
Quality Issues Addressed for Product Update #1
|Support ID||QA ID||Description|
|108570||59737||Part/Assembly name in Step file exported from IronCAD are incorrect when imported to SW.|
|108624||59744||Cannot create patch surface.|
|108613||59739||Create variable chamfer failure.|
|108710, 108633||59780, 59747||BOM data missing and qty wrong for structured parts.|
|108789||59824||ICAPI Crash using IZSceneDoc.ImportModel|
|108781||59817||Parameterized Part Breaks when Saved in and then Dropped from a Catalog.|
|55532||Special dialog handling for ICAPI if silent mode is set, the default behavior for” Do you want to save?” should be “No”.|
|108756||59804||Copying Views from other Sheets changes style layer setting.|
|108823||59833||Provide a backdroor to regenerate IC2017 modified models that could be outdated.|
|108771||59811||[Save All As External] ends in the middle of the process.|
|59846||Selecting a particular part from scene browser causes crash.|
|108795||59823||Copy part with Material name – Specified mass = 0|
|59847||Selecting multiple parts are unable to deselect by picking parts with hotkey.|
|108215||58593||Crash and missing image when export dxf.|
|108845||59860||Some of edges are not highlighted in the graphics.|
|108649||59755||Some internal linked part/assembly disappear after group them to assembly.|
|108574||59713||Crash when dropping this shape into an assembly.|
|108712||59790||External linked files are incorrectly dirty after load an ics file.|
|108685||59803||Non-GPU driver causes real time rendering to stop working.|
|108991||59979||Crash when rename layer in ICD.|
|107729||56770||Cannot Edit Cosmetic Thread Name and Description.|
|108839||59850||Use an enhanced algorithm to avoid hardware flicker issue in graphics.|
|107977, 109005||60012||Edit of geometry not properly updated in drawing file for pre 2017 PU1 saved files.|
|109059||60004||Protecting bad surface finish data that causes crash during edit and save.|